Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dyed and Gone to Heaven

Today I finally decided to attempt something that I have always been afraid to do....color my own hair. I haven't dyed my hair in over 3 years, and the results of that is the mousy brown color you see in the picture below.
I had enough, time to be brave. So I went to Sally's Beauty Supply and got advice...I bought "the good stuff". The image I posted is for my own benefit so I know what color to get when I go back.
**Warning** Unflattering pictures to follow



Here I am sitting with the dye in. Burned my eyes with the fumes just a little bit. I was kinda terrified to begin with because directly out of the bottle the dye was a really pale red color.
I made a mess. But was it worth it??? Moment of truth.......
Heck yes! I turned out great!
I love it. Now I can maintain this beautiful chocolately hair color for about $5 a month instead of ~$60 every 2 months.

HORRAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment