Thursday, December 16, 2010

So Long, Farewell, Auf Weidersehen, Goodbye

The day has come. I always knew it would, but I didn't know it was going to be this easy: to say goodbye to Pickles. The moment I left her with a hug and kiss goodbye I had a huge grin on my face and nothing but happiness in my heart. And as I reflect in this blog entry I can't help the tears filling my eyes.

It seemed like only yesterday I held Pickles in my lap, so tiny and helpless. At that moment 6 months ago I knew she was special and I loved her the most.
She grew into the beautiful girl she is today right in front of my eyes. Strong and loving, the most trusting puppy in the world. And I loved her more and more every day.
I can't imagine a more perfect and loving family for Pickles. When she hears their voice she does her wiggle dance as excited as she does it for me. That was the moment I knew they were ready.
She loves them
Pickles and Fiona spend their days together chewing on bones their family gets from a Chinese marketplace.
Eating vegetables, and napping together on the same bed.
My gift to them upon her adoption was some crate covers and stockings. Fiona of course had the brightest pink I could find.
Pickles had a beautiful green damask fabric that this photo from my phone doesn't do justice. Bit I will be posting another picture of it in a better color in the next entry.
Best of luck to you Pickles. I know that you will finally get all the love and attention that you deserve. I can't wait to see you from time to time and watch you grow even more. I miss you already, but I know it's all for the best. Love you Pickles!

No comments:

Post a Comment