Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Oak Creek, Sedona

If this hike taught me anything it was that I shouldn't attempt to take 3 dogs out by myself, especially not the combination of 75lbs timid Jackson, 40lbs diva Alex, and 35lbs blind Pickles (an average curious puppy). Quite the recipe for disaster.I head out at 4:30am, with the disaster squad. I stopped by the gas station to pick up the necessities of the morning: 5 hour energy drink, mountain dew, slim jims, peanuts, and a lunchable.It was my first time in Sedona and I was absolutely amazed and in awe of the town. I think I'm in love!
I got to the trail and there was already like 4 cars there....I took my sweet time with the dogs, and only crossed 2 of the streams. I was very lucky that they didn't drag me into the creek. I had to apologize in advance to anyone that was on the trail today and came upon me and my delinquent pack of dogs. They are loud talkers (growlers and barkers) but they really are sweet dogs that love atte
ntion, it's just hard for most people to get past the scary exterior and sounds.
Despite all the other stuff I had a wonderful time and it was absolutely gorgeous...I can't wait to do it again soon, but without the dogs this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment