Monday, December 22, 2008

Sick

Well, what's new for this time of year? I'm sick...just like every Christmas and New Years. Sore throat, upset stomach, the whole she-banga-bang.

Yesterday Derek and I had lunch with his dad, and it was really nice. He goes back to Ireland on the 27th. And we would love to go visit him up there. My fingers are crossed. He brought us back some gifts. For me he got a mood celtic cross necklace. I really like it. And he got Derek an "Ireland" shirt. Which, apparently is extremely hard to find in a 2XL over there. Damn all those svelte Europeans. LOL!

Christmas is on Thursday, and I can't help but feel a little sad that my dad and sister, and his fiance are in South Dakota seeing all my relatives and we wont be having our traditional "Christmas at Dad's" this year. I remember...when I was little...right after my mom and dad got divorced, we went to my dad's house. And he had strung a banner across the living room that said "Merry Carissa-Mas!" He still calls me every Christmas and says it.

You know it's odd. There's not a single present under our tree....makes me wonder why I even bothered getting the thing. No one will be coming over to see us this Christmas....we will be the ones going out. I am thankful that I do have Derek's family who cares about me so much. They have all treated me like a daughter for a couple years now. And I gotta admit that I got giddy when Derek's dad gave us a Christmas card that said "To my son and daughter in law" and he wrote (almost) underneath daughter in law.

For the first time it seems, Derek and I actually discussed marriage seriously. Well...we talked about getting married at the justice of the peace, having a reception at home for everyone, and then taking a honeymoon cruise. He was all excited talking about a cruise. Heh.

Well that's enough for now. Derek is sick and I need to take care of him before I head to work in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment