Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tempe Art Festival

Today I went to the Tempe Arts Festival with my mom. It started off interesting, because we took the new public transit train. Not nearly as nice as the MAX in Oregon, but oh well. As we were riding the train together, I was showing my mom pictures in my camera. And the very first pictures on it were from the day Alex went to live with her new family. I explained how hard it was for me and that I couldn't say goodbye...and that I hadn't seen her since because it was too hard. Then we talked about the Renaissance Festival, and Robert, and how I've been painting lately. It was nice to catch up in a civil manner...though spending time with her is not my favorite thing in the whole world.

This was such an awesome costume!
The art festival was packed. We looked at so many vendors, and then I fell in love with a painting, which my mom bought for me. It's my very first piece of "art"!We ate at a restaurant called "The Mellow Mushroom" where I got a delicious pizza. It was fantastic. Then as we were heading back down to the train, I saw a dog that looked very familiar...It was Alex.

And I fell to my knees, called her to me, and just lost it. There I was...in the middle of hundreds of people, vendors, and other dogs...and I'm on the ground crying like a crazy person embracing a dog. I didn't care...it was such an amazing moment for me. I had been missing her alot. I think the pictures prove that. And I'll leave this entry at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment