Friday, December 16, 2011

Scottsdale Community College

Today I took Derek to Scottsdale Community College (SCC) for his final exam for the semester. He thought it would be a nice place for me to relax and test out the camera some because it's such a lovely place. He's so sweet, and it definitely was....got lots of great photos!
I thought this was such an interesting cigarette disposal
In the middle of the grounds there was a little pond area that was full of water lillies and cat tails.
And minnowsThe campus was full of all kinds of student made art.This was so awesome, that a school would have a little zoo-type exhibitLooks like everything is hibernating right now though.My artsy picture, trying to mess around with focusing.Can you believe the beautiful fall colors?I heard some dogs barking while I was looking at the reptile enclosure...I saw this tree as I was heading the direction of the barks.Halfway across campus I stumble upon 2 pups tied to a lamp post outside of the Biology department!

This is Chaco, he's a 7 month old puppy that needs a home because he's living in an apartment and she was only planning to foster him.This is Rodney, he's camera shy the owner said...but he loved my monkey key chain.Well they both did.I played with the dogs and talked to them for about 10 minutes to try to keep them quiet before the owner came out and thanked me and told me their story. I gave her my card and told her to email me so I could send her the photos I took. And I also gave her the information for Valley Dogs rescue so they can help find Chaco a home and get the medical care he needs (he has had no shots and isn't neutered yet). She's going to keep fostering him until he finds a home and was so grateful to meet me!After talking to the dogs and their owner I continued to walk around. I spotted these food and water bowls, and I'm thinking that something lives under that building, judging the size and state of the hole in the corner.When I saw that it was the Center for Native and Urban Wildlife, it warmed my heart a little bit.I especially loved their natural deterrent to keep the animals from the vegetables and plants they were growing.They had a nice little pond as well the helped provide water to many plant root systems. It's also awesome there was a frog fountain.Another artsy photo working with depth of field focus!I saw this while casually walking by and laughed out loud. I'd love some ice cold dollar bills!
I spent a good 45 minutes on this fantastic chair in the shade, enjoying the sounds on the pond, feel of a slight breeze, and taste of some Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles! Perfect!
Overall, at SCC I had a feeling of tranquility and peace. It was an environment I enjoyed, with people that were friendly and open. There were very few closed doors, and many people offering friendly conversation and help. This is the kind of place that would be wonderful for me learn and spend time. I will be going back on Tuesday probably to meet with an adviser about going back to school again!

No comments:

Post a Comment