Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Cards 2011

Most people know that I handmake my Christmas cards every year. That's largely because I love to craft. It's also because I feel it is a courtesy to all of the family that I do not see or talk to regularly/at all. It makes me happy that over the years people have started collecting our yearly Christmas cards, and look forward to the next one. This one was a doozy!
It started with 3 different colored textured cardstock, a stamp-block, stamp letters, 2 kinds of ink, a snowflake stamp, Sequined Ribbon, gluedots, zig 2-way glue pen, black thread and needle, scissors, Paper cutter, a computer designed insert, and Costco Photos!The first step I did was to cut my cardstock to the shapes it needed to be
Then I assembled the front of the cardsI made the "Naughty" stamp with semi-staggered lettering.And used a layer of black ink with silver pigment ink on topI cut the "Naughty" into random shapes, and mounted it to the left inside of the card with a 3-dimensional Glue Dot.Then I sewed my black paper coal together on a strings and pasted in the card message.

Simple as that....ok, maybe not so simple...and very time consuming. But it was worth it. Everyone will love them!
Now comes the hard part....Clean up!
But Jackson is bored about me talking about my cards...Nighty night

1 comment:

  1. My whole family loved the card as we do every year. Thanks again.
    I see Jackson is also hiding the cotton candy.

    ReplyDelete