Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ready, Set, Hike!

So, despite the set-back of not being able to go hiking today, we are instead going tomorrow. And I need up be up in about 5 hours. LOL. I've got my bags packed, and Jackson's bags packed.
This is my new camelback that I got. ^^^ It holds a 2-liter bladder. It also contains Jackson's pop-up water bowl, a blanket, the camera and Zune player, and some other survival trinkets.
This is Jackson's gear. ^^^ His backpack and Muttluck booties. Don't want to risk any cactus in his feet.
This is what I have packed in Jackson's backpack. In the left pocket there is his thermometer, saline wash, poop bags, flexible bandage, and human bandaids. In the right pocket there is styptic powder, eye wash, Canine Aspirin, Canine Benadryl, 2 sets of rubber gloves, alcohol wipes, q-tips, gauze, neosporin, and hydrocortisone cream. In addition to these things there will also be an ice pack in each pocket to keep him cool.
In addition to the huge breakfast I'm making in the morning, I also made a nice lunch.
I themed it "Elementary School". Boar's Head Golden turkey breast and cheddar cheese sandwich on freshly baked italian bread. Goldfish crackers, Sweet apple slices. And of course what kids lunch was complete without a Squeez-It!


All in all I'm hoping its going to be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment