Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Such a Crazy Night

Tonight I had a full evening planned, on a friends advice and recommendations. The intent was for me to just "get out there". Meet people, enjoy myself, and start to be more independent.

My night started with me getting all dressed up after work and heading to a small little bar by my house called Irish Republic. I had never been there before, but it was highly recommended to me. Lo-and-behold, who should I run into there, by my step dad Kevin and his girlfriend. They bought me dinner, and we chatted for a good hour. They were nice enough to get a picture of me as well at the start of my night.
Following Irish Republic, I went to Dos Gringos in Scottsdale. I had a book in hand and sat at the bar drinking a diet coke. I read my book and just people watched. Such an interesting mix of people in town for Spring Break. I guess the girl sitting at the bar reading a book got people's attention. In short order I had all sorts of conversations struck up by the various people. I did get a picture with a nice couple who were very funny and fairly awesome to me. They made my night more interesting. I stayed sober, no desire to drink yet.From Dos Gringos I went to a night club in Phoenix called Sanctum. It had really good music and I was overall pleased with the vibe. It was a smaller club...and I didn't get hit on or anything, so I was comfortable. I met a couple friends there...Renaissance Festival people, that I trained their blind husky. They came to the Arizona Fest this year JUST to see me! Which is nice. It was really nice to see them, and I had a blast there!
To end my evening I had an old school sleepover with my oldest friend Katherine. She is the only person I have ever had sleepovers with and we used to have so much fun together...the fun continued, and I slept great.

Overall, it was a wonderful night, and I'm so glad I did it. It's not how I would spend every evening...but I had been so terrified of putting myself out there...now it's not so daunting, and I'm ready to start over! Bring it on world!

No comments:

Post a Comment