Monday, January 24, 2011

Not The Best Birthday Celebration Ever

Michelle and I were supposed to hang out today. It was going to be us celebrating my birthday and there was all kinds of plans. We were going to eat at a restaurant, paint pottery at As You Wish, watch a movie at my house and go for an early morning hike. Well, unfortunately she bailed on me.

I was so sad, and I moped around the house until about noon. Then I made up my mind to not let it get me down and to celebrate anyways. So I went to Golden Corrall by myself and ate lunch. Then I went to As You Wish and painted 2 custom dog bowls for Jackson and Alex. I think they are going to be beautiful when I pick them up. I wish they had a cute smaller bowl so I could have made one for Tiger.I had a coupon for 50% off any piece of pottery. So I bought this ENORMOUS awesome platter thing, for me and Michelle or someone else to hopefully paint in the future. Right now it's sitting on my kitchen table. Don't know what I would do with it after it is painted though....maybe hang it on the wall?

After I painted, I went home and watched some of my favorite movies with the puppies: Up, Kung Fu Panda, Orange County, James and the Giant Peach.

I tried to make the best of an otherwise unfortunate situation. Its sad that I had to do everything alone, but at least I wasn't sitting at home and moping.

No comments:

Post a Comment