Thursday, July 29, 2010

Love Is Blind

And so is Spot. Today the vet's confirmed that Spot is indeed completely blind. I feel bad that it took me nearly 10 weeks to even notice, but I'm also happy because she has adapted so well that I wasn't able to easily tell. They took some blood and are going to run a full blood panel on her just to make sure everything is ok. They are also going to book her an appt with an ophthalmologist just to make sure that it's not something that can be corrected. But the vet is fairly confident that it's something she was just born with.
I am in the process of talking to Derek about possibly adopting her. She needs a good environment where she would be trained and have patient companion dogs to lead her around. Right now he's not sure, but I'll keep working on it. They offered to let us keep her with no adoption fee and not having to reimburse them anything. None of the other puppies have homes yet, and I can't imagine how much harder it would be for her since she's special needs.

4 of the puppies and Gucci will be going to Petsmart on Saturday in hopes of getting adopted. Jack, Minnie, Tipsy, and Hook are all going to be attending. Jack actually has a person of interest that filled out an application for him. So with any luck we may be sans 4 puppies soon (not that I don't love them and wish I could keep them all, but they need good homes)

No comments:

Post a Comment