Saturday, January 16, 2010

So much fun!!!

A little background:
For my birthday Derek was going to just get me something (though he never mentioned what) but then he came to the realization that he didn't want to just give me "stuff". So he's giving me the best thing I could have ever hoped for right now....a hiking buddy. A couple nights ago we went out to Sports Authority and got him some hiking clothes and shoes. We are planning a 3 day backpacking trip across the Northern Rim of the Grand Canyon for our 1 year anniversary. I am so excited!

Back to today: This morning, before I had to go to work, Derek and I went on one of my favorite hikes (granted it's one of the only ones I have done so far). I didn't think that he was going to be able to make it the whole way, but he persevered and I am so proud of him. It was so nice going with him and I enjoyed it so much. I can't wait until our next hike...better start researching some other ones!

The Sunrise before the hikeA great hike!Derek and Jackson sitting next to the inactive Waterfall on the Slick Rock Basin

No comments:

Post a Comment