Monday, January 25, 2010

I MADE IT!!!

To what you may be asking. Well after hiking Siphon Draw trail many times, I finally achieved the trail beyond and made it to the top of the Flat Iron. I must tell you, it was exhausting, but truly amazing. After all of the rain we've had recently there was waterfalls and creeks everywhere. The sound of the mountains was so calming and serene. Every way you turned was either the soft whistle of the wind, or the bubbling of a creek somewhere in the midst of the rocks.

The path was treacherous, and I fell many times. But it was all worth it in the end. As we made it to the top, it was 27 degrees and there was ice and some snow. No doubt the snow melt was causing the runoff to those waterfalls.

I went with my co-worker Michelle, and I think we had a great time. We enjoyed beef jerky and goldfish crackers on the FlatIron as we looked at the 380 degree panorama of the valley, surrounding mountains and the snow covered Four Peaks. My camera fogged up after my first decent picture at the top...so hopefully Michelle got some good ones I can post another day.

I feel incredibly accomplished....it was amazing.

One of the small waterfalls/creeks we found

The waterfall at the Slick Rock Basin


The view from the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment