Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Hiking Adventure

This morning I headed out to Lost Dutchman park. I arrived around 6am. Just me and my puppy, Jackson. We started off going on Discovery Trail which is nice and easy. Pretty scenic as well. This led to Siphon Draw trail. Which is a moderately difficult trail that has alot of loose gravel and gets rather steep. We continued upwards even more to Slick Rock Basin and a very difficult unmaintained trail up to the base of the Flat Iron, which is at the very top of the Superstition Mountains. It was an awesome hike. Round-trip it was a little over 8 miles and was about 5 hours with all the breaks for photography and snacks.And the trek begins

The rocks around us towered so high

Part of Slick Rock Basin

The view from the base of the Flat Iron

Me and my Jackson boy near the top

No comments:

Post a Comment