Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Test Results= Positive

That's right, I went to my 3rd follow-up appointment today with the doctor, and finally received my test results. I am positive for MRSA. I expected it, and glad to have answers and a possible treatment. They have started me on another heavy duty antibiotic to take along with the one I was already on. They said the strain I have is semi susceptible to the antibiotic they are trying, so my fingers are crossed that it helps. However, the doctor said that I have a really bad case of it seeing as I have gotten 5 separate infections (possibly more that I didn't recognize as an infection) since the beginning of the year. Therefore she is referring my case the the AZ Dept of Infectious Diseases. I hope all goes well and I get this thing out of my system!

No comments:

Post a Comment